Frequently Asked Questions
Our school year starts at the beginning of August and ends in mid-June
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
K4-12th Grade (7:40-3:00
K4-12th Grade (7:40-12:30)
K4 & K5 = 20
1st-12th grade = 23
The teachers of K4, K5, 1st grade, and 2nd grade have a full-time assistant to attend to the individual student needs when required.
CCA is fully accredited by:
- Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)
- Ministerio de Educación de Panama (Panama's Ministry of Education)
All teachers hold a recognized U.S. equivalent teaching certificate; most have U.S. state certification.
All full-time faculty members hold a B.A. or B.S. degree and over 50% have advanced degrees.
Most of the faculty is recruited from the United States.
No, CCA is not a bilingual school
Students entering 1st through 11th grades must demonstrate profieiency and fluency in writing, speaking, and reading English.
Students in K4 and K5 may be admitted with a certain level of limitation in English usage.
Spanish is taught to students at all grade levels.
We do not promote local students in January to the next grade level due to the difference in the academic calendar.
If your child is enrolled in a local school with a Panamanian calendar, and you wish for them to enter in our current school year, due to MEDUCA legislation, they will have to enter in the same grade in which they are now or just finished.
At CCA we operate our discipline plan with a mind towards restoration.
What are we striving to restore? Relationships. Behavioral/disciplinary issues stem from and cause rifts in relationships. In a school setting the relational rifts could involve students, faculty/staff, parents, siblings, and others. And though we strive to restore the relationship, there are, though, consequences for when rifts in relationships occur.
CCA will work directly with students and parents while adhering to the following Core Belief assumptions:
- Every attempt should be made to maintain the dignity of both the adult and the sudent
- Misbehavior should be viewed as an opportunity for individual problem solving and preparation for the real world
- There should be a logical connection between misbehavior and resulting consequences.
- Students should have the opportunity to tell their side of the story when consequences appear to be unfair.
CCA does not have their own buses; however, we can refer you to a transportation service if you are interested in having your child ride a bus to school.
Our lunch program is run by a food service vendor. Orders can be placed weekly in our parents' website.
Due to Panamanian laws, all students in schools must wear uniforms. The full uniform may be purchased at Galapagos Xpress in the Albrook Mall.
At CCA we have competitive Soccer and Basketball teams that participate in both the ADECOP and Kiwanis leagues.
Additionally, during the last period of the day we have what we call "Directed Studies" where students can choose from a variety of clubs and activities.
Elementary students have various after school activities offered as well
Some of the activities offered are:
Chess, Childhood Development, Global Issues Network (GIN), Kerbal Space Program, Ping Pong, Ultimate Frisbee, No Bake Cooking, Nutrition, Creative Writing, Free Drawing, Board Games, and Outdoor PE Games.
Some of the after school "Eagles Clubs" offered have been Folklore Dancing, Cooking, Kitchen Science, Soccer, Math, Introduction to Dance, Flag Football, Battle of the Books, and Cheerleading.
Yes and no.
Based on teacher availability we offer "Advanced," college level, courses in English, Spanish, History, Science, and Math.
These courses are designed to be the equivalent of the Advanced Placement curriculum and to prepare students for the eventuality of taking the AP exams in May.
Yes. From Elementary through High School, students take Bible classes.
- Old and New Testament stories
- People and Heroes of the Bible
- Basic Bible Doctrines
- God's Covenant Promises throughout the Bible
- Old Testament Survey
- New Testament Survey
- History of Christianity/History of Missions
- Introduction to Logic
- Basic Bible Doctrines
- Introduction to Worldviews
- Introduction to Apologetics
- Introduction to Life Calling
- Biblical Financial Stewardship
Yes, students are required to attend Chapel time at our school.
At CCA we attend Chapel each Wednesday morning. Wednesday Chapel times are designed to worship God through music (singing/instruments) as well as to learn more from the Bible. In Secondary (6th-12th) we frequently meet in small groups to further discuss the brief talk that was given during Chapel time.
Institutions Attended by CCA Students for Post-Secondary Studies:
- Florida State University – Panama
- Universidad de Panamá
- Universidad Interamerica de Panamá (Laurreate International Universities)
- Universidad Latina de Panamá
- Universidad Santa María La Antigua (USMA)
- Universidad Tecnológica de Panamá
- University of Louisville – Panama
United States Universities
- Anderson University, Anderson, IN
- Azusa Pacific University, Azusa, CA
- Baylor University, Waco, TX
- Biola University, La Mirada, CA
- Clearwater Christian College, Clearwater, FL
- Emory University, Atlanta, GA
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL
- Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA
- Lamar University, Beaumont, TX
- Liberty University, Lynchburg, VA
- Mercer University, Lawrenceville, GA
- Mid-Atlantic Christian University, Elizabeth City, NC
- Midwestern State University, Wichita Falls, TX
- Pepperdine University, Malibu, CA
- Seton Hall University, South Orange, NJ
- Sterling College, Sterling, KS
- Texas Christian University, Ft. Worth, TX
- Trinity International University, Deerfield, IL
- University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR
- University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- University of Tampa, Tampa, FL
- University of the Ozarks, AR
- University of Texas, Austin, TX
- Westmont College, Santa Barbara, CA
- Wheaton College, Wheaton, IL
- Word of Life Bible Institute, Schroon Lake, NY
- WYAM Mexico
- Hillsong Australia
- IE Spain