Skip Navigation

About CCA

A History of Crossroads Christian Academy

In 1997 a small group of primarily American missionaries, pastors, and parents from Crossroads Bible Church (CBC) founded a ministry called Crossroads Christian Academy (CCA). At its foundation, the school had 29 students enrolled in Kindergarten through eighth grade.

When the Panamanian government regained sovereignty of the canal in 1999, many Americans moved back to the United States. This mass exodus left the leaders of CBC with a major question: “Should we continue with the school?”

They decided that CCA would remain open as it would increase community outreach opportunities and provide families with an option for a quality Christian education. 

CCA has now served families for over 25 years and has grown from 29 students to over 185 students in Pre-K through twelfth grade. Classes are made up of 13 students on average, and all teachers are fluent English speakers with the exception of foreign language instructors. 92% of CCA graduates immediately move on to post-secondary institutions in Panama and throughout the world. 

International and Unique

CCA serves international and Panamanian families. There are over 22 nationalities represented on campus.

  • Belgium
  • Canada
  • China
  • Chile
  • Colombia
  • Costa Rica
  • Dominican Republic
  • Ecuador
  • El Salvador
  • Guatemala
  • Honduras
  • Italy
  • Korea
  • Mexico
  • Netherlands
  • Panama
  • Philippines
  • Romania
  • Spain
  • Switzerland
  • United States of America
  • Venezuela

Approximately 51% of our students are Panamanian citizens. The other 49% of CCA’s population is made up of families who are either non-Panamanians who consider Panama to be their permanent home or non-Panamanians who are temporarily in the country for reasons such as diplomacy, banking, humanitarian work, trade, or tourism. 

CCA is an English-speaking school, not a bilingual school. Students entering first grade through eleventh grade must demonstrate English proficiency and fluency in writing, speaking, and reading. Based on their younger age, Pre-K and Kindergarten students may be admitted with a lower level of English proficiency. CCA does not typically admit new students into the twelfth grade. Students in all grade levels also take Spanish classes.

Although CCA admits students with various religious backgrounds, students and parents must be willing to participate in all aspects of the Christian school program. Parents and students sign an agreement acknowledging and accepting that CCA operates under a biblical worldview and committing to follow the school’s code of conduct.

Faculty, Program, Facilities

CCA employs around 31 teachers and staff members. All full-time faculty members hold a BA or BS degree, and one-third of CCA’s staff hold advanced degrees. Each elementary grade has one teacher, and Pre-K classes have aides.

The secondary faculty consists of trained teachers in the following disciplines:

  • English
  • Mathematics
  • Social Studies
  • Science
  • Foreign Language
  • Art
  • Music
  • Technology
  • Bible

CCA has an elementary and secondary principal as well as coordinators for:

  • admissions
  • technology
  • Spanish
  • college counseling
  • marketing 
  • health services

CCA is fully accredited by the Middle States Association (MSA) and the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) as well as fully authorized by the Ministry of Education in Panama (MEDUCA).

CCA is registered with the appropriate governmental agencies and has tax-exempt status in Panama.

CCA shares facilities with Crossroads Bible Church. All classrooms are well-equipped and air-conditioned.  Although the property is relatively small, the school is still able to provide:

  • 25-station computer lab
  • art room
  • music room
  • guidance office
  • outdoor cafeteria
  • playground
  • covered gym
  • science lab
  • elementary Library

The school is governed by a self-perpetuating board of between seven and nine members. The board assures that the school’s vision is maintained. The board also develops CCA’s strategic plan and defines operational policies. The chairman of the CCA’s board is elected by the CBC board of elders. The school board is structured according to the policy governance model and is responsible for one employee, the head of school.

Inquire Today!

Finding the right educational environment for your child is a top priority. CCA is an international, English-speaking school that offers a close community of students and teachers with a biblical worldview. Contact us about admissions if you think CCA might be the right fit for your family!