Frequently Asked Questions
Our school year starts at the beginning of August and ends in mid-June.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
7:40 AM - 2:30 PM
7:40 AM - 12:40 PM
Each class is made up of 13 students on average.
CCA is fully accredited by:
- Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
- Middle States Association (MSA)
- Ministerio de Educación de Panama (Panama's Ministry of Education)
All teachers hold a recognized U.S. equivalent teaching certificate; most have U.S. state certification.
All full-time faculty members hold a B.A. or B.S. degree.
CCA is not a bilingual school. Students entering first grade through eleventh grade must demonstrate English proficiency and fluency in writing, speaking, and reading. Based on their younger age, Pre-K and Kindergarten students may be admitted with a lower level of English proficiency. Students in all grade levels also take Spanish classes.
We do not promote local students in January to the next grade level due to the difference in the academic calendar.
If your child is enrolled in a local school with a Panamanian calendar, and you wish for them to enter in our current school year, they will have to enter in the same grade in which they are now or just finished due to MEDUCA legislation.
At CCA we operate our discipline plan with a mind toward restoration.
What are we striving to restore? Relationships. Behavior and discipline issues stem from and cause rifts in relationships. In a school setting, the relational rifts may involve students, faculty/staff, parents, or siblings. Though we strive to restore relationships, there are consequences when rifts in relationships occur.
CCA will work directly with students and parents while adhering to the following Core Belief assumptions:
-Every attempt should be made to maintain the dignity of both the adult and the student
-Misbehavior should be viewed as an opportunity for individual problem-solving and preparation for the real world
-There should be a logical connection between misbehavior and resulting consequences.
-Students should be able to tell their side of the story when consequences appear unfair.
CCA does not have their own buses; however, we can refer you to a transportation service if you are interested in having your child ride a bus to school.
We do not offer a lunch program at the moment. Students bring packed lunches to school.
Due to Panamanian laws, all students in schools must wear uniforms. The full uniform may be purchased at Galapagos Xpress in the El Dorado Mall.
At CCA we have competitive soccer, basketball, and volleyball teams that participate in both the ADECOP and Kiwanis leagues.
Elementary students have various after-school activities to choose from as well, including:
-Introduction to Music
Yes and no.
Based on teacher availability we offer "advanced" college-level courses in English, Spanish, History, Science, and Math.
These courses are designed to be the equivalent of the College Board’s Advanced Placement curriculum and to prepare students for taking the AP exams in May.
Yes, all grades at CCA take Bible classes.
- Old and New Testament stories
- People and Heroes of the Bible
- Basic Bible Doctrines
- God's Covenant Promises throughout the Bible
- Old Testament Survey
- New Testament Survey
- History of Christianity/History of Missions
- Introduction to Logic
- Basic Bible Doctrines
- Introduction to Worldviews
- Introduction to Apologetics
- Introduction to Life Calling
- Biblical Financial Stewardship
Yes, students are required to attend chapel at our school.
At CCA we attend chapel each Wednesday morning. Wednesday chapel times are designed to help students worship God through music and learn about God through teachings from the Bible. In Secondary (6th-12th) we frequently meet in small groups to further discuss the brief talk that was given during chapel.
Institutions Attended by CCA Students for Post-Secondary Studies:
- Florida State University – Panama
- Universidad de Panamá
- Universidad Interamerica de Panamá (Laurreate International Universities)
- Universidad Latina de Panamá
- Universidad Santa María La Antigua (USMA)
- Universidad Tecnológica de Panamá
- University of Louisville – Panama
United States Universities
- Anderson University, Anderson, IN
- Azusa Pacific University, Azusa, CA
- Baylor University, Waco, TX
- Biola University, La Mirada, CA
- Clearwater Christian College, Clearwater, FL
- Emory University, Atlanta, GA
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL
- Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA
- Hamilton College, Clinton, NY
- John Brown University, Siloam Springs, AR
- Lamar University, Beaumont, TX
- Liberty University, Lynchburg, VA
- Mercer University, Lawrenceville, GA
- Mid-Atlantic Christian University, Elizabeth City, NC
- Midwestern State University, Wichita Falls, TX
- Pepperdine University, Malibu, CA
- Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
- Seton Hall University, South Orange, NJ
- Sterling College, Sterling, KS
- Texas Christian University, Ft. Worth, TX
- Trinity International University, Deerfield, IL
- University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR
- University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- University of Tampa, Tampa, FL
- University of the Ozarks, AR
- University of Texas, Austin, TX
- Westmont College, Santa Barbara, CA
- Wheaton College, Wheaton, IL
- Word of Life Bible Institute, Schroon Lake, NY
- WYAM Mexico
- Hillsong Australia
- IE Spain