In Matthew 25:37-45, Christ provides a very simple assignment to those who follow Him. The assignment requires followers to do something about the needs of others, even if that means stepping out of their own comfort zones. In an attempt to fulfill the assignment that Christ gave in Matthew 25, CCA requires all high school students to complete twenty (20) community service hours for each year of high school attended at CCA (these also apply toward a minimum total of 80 hours required to receive the Panamanian diploma).
High school students will be able to serve and fulfill their community service requirement by participating in Community Outreach Opportunities (COOPs) throughout the year. Community Outreach Opportunities will be announced as they are available and may take place on Wednesdays, after school, or on weekends. Transportation and necessary supplies will either be provided or acquired through the generosity of the CCA community. There will be an assembly regarding outreach during the month of August. COOPs must adhere to the following criteria and must be approved by the Spiritual Life Coordinator PRIOR to completion:
- Assisting with CCA/CBC events can account for up to 50% of the community service requirement (teaching Sunday school, working in the nursery, CBC Christmas Cantata, Crossfire Praise Team, etc.)
- Serving in a family business does not count toward Community Service hours.
- The community service yearly requirement must be completed by the last Friday of May.
- The community service form must be turned in to the Spiritual Life Coordinator within 30 days of completing the service. Hours will "expire" after 30 days.
- HS report cards will not be issued at the end of each year until the 20 hour yearly requirement has been met.
- Students who do not complete 80 hours of community service prior to graduation will not receive their diploma(s) until the hours are completed.